We have an amazing building, but we need to expand our facilities. As our mission and church expands, we feel the weekly pressure for more room and better support facilities. And we have made a start. We have purchased the land, put together a design team and drawn up plans.
We have an amazing building, but we need to expand our facilities. As our mission and church expands, we feel the weekly pressure for more room and better support facilities. And we have made a start. We have purchased the land, put together a design team and drawn up plans. The next step is to secure planning permission, then to build. See below for an artists impression of how things could look. We have new images coming soon.
What will change?
Our mission is to reach the lost, serve the broken, and make disciple-makers in our city. We want to create a safe place for vulnerable people to come. The need for space is just increasing. We have various small groups and activities that take place on a Sunday that need more space; toddlers/babies, LifeKids, Roots lunch, Women’s prayer, and more. We are also restricted from running things as we just don’t have the space, e.g. discipleship classes, youth etc.
This is a substantial development, linked to a listed building. We therefore employed a professional team to put the scheme together which is estimated at £2m. The final cost will be known when we go to tender.
If you can contribute to help us expand and see more lives changed for good, you will be involved in a great work. Thank you.
How can I help?
- Pray – at every stage we are seeking for God’s will to be done
- Give – if you are able to give or pledge please invest into the work of the Gospel in our city
- Fundraise – initiate and develop a fundraising idea
- Invite others – ask people you know who may be willing to partner in the mission to our city
Where are we at?
We thank God for your patience, longsuffering and above all prayer support. By God working through you, and your generosity, we as a church were able to purchase the land around the building, and more recently raised funds to develop planning application drawings for planning permission.
- The architects will review our needs and update the schemes in line with the restrictions imposed by the planners;
- They will feedback the updated schematic drawings to us for our feedback allowing a few iterations with the aim of producing an acceptable scheme to the council; and
- Target a pre-planning application meeting with the council planning officers by the end of May 2020